Sunday, June 9, 2013

Update on M (14 months)

005a003a
037a043a048a
001005031003010011

This kid:

  • LOVES to dance. It may be his favorite thing. He dances on his own to the music his favorite toys make and dances when Spencer plays the piano (It’s pretty funny to see him shaking his stuff while Spencer plays hymns). We have a fair amount of family dance parties as well. The kind where Spencer and I prance around like goobers and M claps his hands and loves every minute.
  • Loves his stuffed Lambie, bulldog, and Curious George and will give them hugs and kisses all the day long. It’s pretty cute to see him cuddling his favorite toys.
  • Loves his Lizzy! They are best pals and he spends much of his day crawling after her hollering her name.
  • Is cruising around the house holding on to his Mickey car. He can go dang fast too! He also marches around the house holding on to our hands. He’s so close to walking, but not there yet.
  • Loves to pull all the towels out from under the bathroom sink and crawl up inside.
  • Likes reading stories. He knows the gestures and sounds I make during story time and it is cute to see him reading to himself as he flips the pages. He is also very into pointing and will point out each detail on the page before flipping to the next one. His books may be his favorite toys.
  • Has been “swimming” in his kiddie pool a lot lately. He loves splashing and spinning around the pool. Little fish.
  • Has learned how to build towers out of blocks (as opposed to just knocking them down). He has also learned how to “clean up” and will put his toys or books away as I sing the “clean up” song. I was so proud of him for this one because it’s something we had been working at for a long time and it just clicked overnight. He is always so proud to help me tidy up his room.
  • Constantly pulls all of the pots and pans out of the cupboard so he can play them like a drum set while I’m making dinner.
  • Is OBSESSED with smoothies/ice cream. He screams for ice cream. Literally.
  • Has the cutest, wonkiest bed head EVER. I love his crazy post-nap hair.

3 comments:

  1. He is so darling!! I love these photos and hearing all the fun things he is doing! What a big boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the cutest baby I've seen! Such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those cute little legs of his and that wonky bed-head is the best! What a sweetie you and Spencer (and Lizzy) have, Whitney. :)

    ReplyDelete