Saturday, October 4, 2014

Mason Bug at Two and a HALF!

IMG_4344
Oh my Mason Bug. He is such a fun and funny boy. He is such a good little talker and he says things every single day that make me laugh. I try to be really good about writing the funny things he says down because I don’t want to forget the adorable way he phrases things. Like this morning, I walked out of my room after getting dressed and Mason was standing there in the hallway and he said, “Oh Mom, you look handsome!” Haha! I wonder where he’s heard that before. He says lots of cute little catch phrases throughout the day.

“I’m HUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuugry.” He draws out the word really dramatically and urgently and it is so cute.

“Where’s Daddy? Daddy had to go to work dang it.” He is very into asking and answering his own questions. But mostly I just think it’s hilarious that he says, “Daddy had to go to work dang it.” He misses his daddy when he’s gone.

“I have to poop so bad!” I have NO idea where he picked that one up from, but he usually says it when I’m helping Kellen with something and I tell Mason he has to wait until I’m finished. But there are the occasional times that Mason is actually telling the truth, so I don’t usually dare risk it by having him wait.

“I wanna hold you my Mommy.” I LOVE when he says this. He means that he wants me to hold him, of course, not the other way around. I love when he wants to cuddle. My favorite times ever.

“Oh look! It’s a plane/truck/’motacycle’/’copter’/train/tractor!” Mason should spot things that go for a living. He can see a plane when it’s just a speck in the sky and I swear he can hear a motorcycle miles away. He will gasp and run to the window in hopes that he can see something exciting shoot past. He adores trying to spot bulldozers and excavators out the window when we’re driving down the road. He is just such a BOY. His passion for modes of transportation and construction equipment is so adorable to me because it is something he developed all on his own, without Spencer or I really introducing any of it. But when we go to the library to pick out books, Mason will search out the ones about busses, trains, planes, and cranes. He even sleeps with his little John Deere tractor from Grandpa and Grandma every night! I love that he has his very own interests.

A few more Mason phrases:

“Oh what’s that noise?!”

“Wanna play a little minute.”

“Jose no!” Instead of “No way Jose!” Haha!

“I do it myself.” Oh man, we are hearing THAT phrase more and more often in our house. Little Mr. Independent.

It has been especially fun the last little while, to watch Mason as a big brother. He is starting to realize that Kellen is growing into a real, live, interactive human. I think he didn’t realize that when Kellen was smaller and so completely helpless. But especially as Kellen gets a little more mobile and gets better at sitting up, Mason has been having more fun playing with toys with him. Mason loves to tickle Kellen and blow on his belly. He will bring him toys and always wants to help feed him. And lately, Mason has been a real lifesaver when it comes to helping me with Kellen when I change his diapers. Kellen is in this stage where he is desperate to grab the diaper as I’m trying to change it. Which is really convenient, I tell ya :). But Mason will hold Kellen’s hands and talk to him while I change him and it is so cute because Kellen just lights up. Mason always loved Kellen, but now I think he’s realizing that Kellen is going to be his friend. It is so exciting to me that my boys are playing together more and more.
IMG_4323IMG_5979IMG_5991
IMG_5889DSC00616a
IMG_6119IMG_6121IMG_4591
Mason’s imagination is getting more and more active. He likes to take care of various animals like they are his babies. He will swaddle them or feed them “solids.”
DSC00486DSC00487
I still love seeing the result of Mason’s play. It is so darling to get a peek into that little mind of his. Exhibit A: Bumble Bee Pooh Bears out on the town.
DSC00703
Darling. Mason is also very into lining up his toys. He likes to take inventory every now and then.
IMG_5665IMG_5803IMG_4575DSC00725IMG_0299
Mason is a daredevil. He is completely fearless. I sometimes wish he had a smidgen of fear about at least some things because he is constantly scaring me half to death with his wild and crazy antics. One day we were at the park and he just leapt off the play equipment. No warning, no pausing, just a flying leap. Luckily, it wasn’t at the highest point of the equipment (he was only a couple of feet up), but he did bump his head on the ladder at the bottom. He wasn’t seriously injured, but I screamed when he jumped because I happen to be a very jumpy mom and I was terrified. I think my screaming scared him more than the impact of his landing. I scooped him up and asked him  if he was okay and he told me through his tears, “I went down da ladder on my face.” We spend a lot of time reminding him to be careful.

Mason has such an abundance of energy that we try to spend time outside every day. Everyone is happiest that way. We go to the park pretty much daily. Mason’s favorite parks have sand. He dearly loves buckets and shovels.
IMG_0269
And no blog post about Mason would be complete without a mention of BYU football. Mason is obsessed with football. He walks around the house saying, “Hut, hut, hike” and “Gooooooooooo cougars!” He loves to watch games on TV, especially with daddy. He will sit still longer for football than almost anything else he could watch on TV. Occasionally we drive past the peewee football teams practicing at a local elementary school and Mason will beg us to get out and play too. I don’t know how I feel about him playing football, because I don’t really like the idea of my baby getting pummeled! But it is really cute to see such a little guy so interested in football. Spencer is thrilled.
DSC00802
DSC00025DSC00800DSC00884
Cutie Patootie.

2 comments:

  1. Cute cute boys!! These stories of Mason are so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures and stories made me laugh out loud several times. He is so funny. You didn't mention it but I think one of my favorite things he would do when you guys were visiting was go "Mousekatools, mousekatools, mousekatools....oh TOOOODLES!" Haha I would love when he would say mousekatools over and over. Is the "I do it myself!" followed by "I NEED HELP!" five seconds later almost every time? Because that's our life lately.

    ReplyDelete