Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

002
(The delicious feast I was too sick to enjoy)

I’m a bit dismayed that I didn’t manage to blog much at all this month because I love November for a couple of obvious reasons.  1. Thanksgiving of course!  I LOVE that during this time of the year so many people take the opportunity to focus on gratitude.  I love seeing people counting their blessings on blogs and Facebook; it just makes me happy.  2. It’s national adoption month!  I love adoption and love the opportunity to share more about adoption!  I’ve really enjoyed reading what other people have had to say during this special month, even though I didn’t contribute.     

Thanksgiving was a bit rough around our house.  We got to spend some quality time in Urgent Care and then the ER.

I’ll tell you one thing though, my little trip to the emergency room made me that much more grateful for my general good health.  I’m so glad that I don’t feel like I'm on the verge of death ALL the time.  Whew, I am very very very grateful to be feeling better today. 

And I tell you what, if you are ever feeling sorry for yourself, take a trip to the hospital and sit inside the front doors for a while.  You will see some really amazing people with some really difficult challenges coming and going.  I guarantee whatever problem you have will seem a bit smaller after you sit there for an hour or two.  

I’m especially grateful for my husband who stayed up with me all night and held my hand while I got a big fat shot in the bum (OUCH! I mean have you ever HAD one of those!  I kind of screamed and then kept apologizing over and over again to the nurse for being such a baby.  But seriously, just thinking about it makes me eyes water.) 

Though Thanksgiving wasn’t exactly an ideal celebration, our family has so much to be thankful for.  I’m glad that there’s at least one day a year set aside to remember that.   

3 comments:

  1. Whitney that is no fun! I'm so glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! Whitney! I am so sorry! I hope you are feeling better today! This made me so sad to hear. Let me know if I can do anything for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch is right! I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete