Wednesday, August 14, 2013

We All Scream

006007
This is not an uncommon sight ‘round these parts. We have spent many a summer afternoon on the lawn enjoying an ice cream cone. My mom likes to tell me about when I was little (probably around M’s age now) and she would sometimes give me an ice cream cone in the afternoon. I would try to share it with the peacocks at the park. It was my favorite part of the day.

M loves ice cream probably more than any food in the entire universe. He claps and claps if he sees us eating out of a bowl because he always thinks it MIGHT be ice cream. I think when I look back on this summer, the afternoons where we sprawled on the grass and enjoyed a treat together will stand out as some of my favorites. Such a simple thing, but I never feel so content as I do just enjoying a nice day outside with my two favorite people in the world.  

1 comment:

  1. So smart to capture the little moments that really are the big ones, instead of just the big events. This is the direction I am starting to change my scrapbooking, too.

    ReplyDelete