Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Disneyland & California Adventure

006a
So much to catch up on! AHH! I guess I’ll start with pictures from our trip to California Adventure. I wish they were better quality, but I just didn’t want to risk bringing my good camera into the park. We got free tickets again this year so we went with my entire side of the family (all of whom have annual passes), Thursday was a great day to be at the park because the crowds weren’t too terrible.
007a009a010a014a
The babies loved the Toy Story ride and and the carousal. They also really liked the rides in Bugs Land. I think M’s favorite part of the park, however, was the Wilderness Camp from “Up.” He loved going down the slides, which of course we can do here at our local playground, haha. The novelty of all of the fun rides just didn’t compare to the freedom of running and exploring on his own… free from the stroller or confines of long lines. But I do think he had a fun day overall, lines and all, and I know he liked all the little rides we took him on, so I would say the day was a success. 
016a017a
One of my favorite parts of the day was visiting Cars Land. It was so cute! I loved all of the fun little details from the movie brought to life. Cars certainly isn’t my favorite Disney-Pixar, but I like that it can be geared more towards little boys (especially since there’s such a plethora of Disney princess movies) and I have a strong suspicion that M Bug will quite like that movie someday. In any case, Cars Land was pretty much new to me, and I enjoyed looking around a riding a few rides. 
039a
Of course Dad and Chels had to enjoy a turkey leg. Because a trip to Disneyland without a turkey leg is hardly worth mentioning.
045a
D2
We spent the night in a hotel and then the next day we went to DUN DUN DUN DUN DISNEYLAND! Friday was much more crowded than Thursday, but we still got to do most everything that we wanted to do.D1
The best part of the day was the character breakfast. We got to get into the park a tiny bit early and dine with some well-known Disney characters. M was thrilled to meet Pooh bear, but was fairly disinterested/scared of Rafiki, Chip and Dale, Fairy Godmother, Minnie Mouse, etc… (I guess because he has a stuffed Pooh bear so he knew who that character was whereas the other characters were just kind of scary costumes to him). It was really cute, though, to see him squirming to get down and hug Pooh.
002a
You will notice in the following pictures that M is eating in most of them. Or at least has his snack cup. We did a lot of snacking in line. Dinseyland just makes you work up an appetite, ya know. And that M Bug knows how to eat. He truly astounds me with how much he can fit in that tiny pot belly.

He really loved the Dumbos. It might have been his favorite ride of the day. 015a016a020a
M and I enjoyed a giant pickle. YUM!
026
And M bravely met Winnie the Pooh again with his cousin Evelyn.
030a031a035a
By the end of the day we were all pretty wiped out. But it was a fun-packed day and we’re already looking forward to next year.

3 comments:

  1. Whitney! I have missed you! It was fun to catch up on this little adventure but oh my goodness! Are you sure that is your child!? He has gotten so big! He is such a little cutie! Love your little family! Looks like such a fun trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture with Mason and the pickle! So cute! Glad you had fun! Maybe I'll make it to Disneyland someday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time! I also love that pickle pic. Pretty adorable.

    ReplyDelete