I’ve seen teepee’s popping up everywhere, and I’m sure there’s at least 100 different tutorials on Pinterest. After glancing over a few different DIY’s, I decided that I could do something much easier without making a bunch of measurements or even getting out the sewing machine. Not to mention, I could make a teepee with materials I had on hand. Granted, I know most people probably don’t have a bunch of wooden boards lying around (these were used to make signs for a YW event I helped put on forever ago), but those are easy and inexpensive to come by. And if you have an old sheet handy, well then you’re just good to go.
The result turned out even better than I expected! M spent most of the day in his new teepee, so I’d say the project was a success. He read stories in there, had his snack in there, and even carted a few of his favorite toys in there to play with. If you want to make your own super easy teepee, I wrote down what I did to make ours. There aren’t step by step pictures because I’m really not that kind of person and I don’t think you’ll really need them anyway.
1. Take four 1x2 inch boards (mine were 5 feet long) and drill a hole about 6 inches from the top of the board.
2. Loop a ribbon through the holes and secure loosely. After setting the poles up to form the frame of the teepee, tighten the ribbon and knot.
3. Drape a twin sheet over the frame of the teepee and secure at the front top with a safety pin.
That’s it!
I know it won’t hold up forever, but it can be collapsed easily and stored without taking much room and the sheet can be folded right back up and stuck right back in the linen closet. Totally worth the effort for an afternoon of fun.
I love this idea!! I'll need to make one for my lil' man when he gets older! Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteYou are such a fun mom! Love this!
ReplyDelete