I know it’s cliché, I really do, but I can’t help it. I can’t help but marvel at how big M is getting. I seriously can’t believe he’s a year and a half. Head explodes. At his well-check a few days ago he weighted twenty-five pounds and was thirty-two inches tall.
I’m sad I missed an update last month (it will probably kind of forever bug me that there’s a gap), so I wanted to hurry and write this one so I don’t fall any more behind.
Lately this kiddo will surprise me with the things that he knows and does. For example, we were watching a video of him at Disneyland meeting Pooh Bear and when the video ended, M hopped off the couch, ran into his room, and grabbed his stuffed Pooh Bear to show me. It was so cute! M will also imitate things he sees in books, making faces like the babies in his story or shaking his finger “no no no” at a particular page in his Curious George book. M is very into the word, “no” these days. He especially likes scolding Lizzy with a shaking finger and “no no no” if he hears her barking at the fence. He is also very into shaking and nodding his head when we ask him questions. So cute.
M also really likes the word, “amen.” He will often use it repeatedly when he wants something to be over (prayer, scriptures, mealtime preparation, storytime…). It was kind of funny to hear him say “amen” several times during General Conference. It’s also kind of funny because he says AH-men. Not AY-men.
M’s still a good little eater and will eat most things. He just loves his food. He has taken to blowing on each bite of food because he has seen us do it so often. It’s funny to watch him carefully “cool down” bites of pear or berry or other foods that certainly don’t need it.
M has started going to nursery! So far he’s just been a few times with one of us to kind of get him used to the idea. We were able to slip out a few times without him getting upset, so hopefully he’ll continue to love it. I was amazed the last time I was in there with him how well M seemed to fit in with the “big kids” in nursery. When he lined up along the wall with his peers to get ready for singing time, he knew just what to do and where to go. He seemed so big to me as he did some of the hand signals along with the songs. It had always felt like he was still too little for nursery, but in the space of week I could finally see him fitting in there.
M is very interested in doing what the big people are doing. He ADORES wearing his daddy’s shoes. He is obsessed with putting on our glasses. He also always wants a hair-tie around his wrist because mommy always has one around hers. He loves helping me with chores because it makes him feel big. He has to have his own little rag when I do dusting, so he can follow along behind, carefully wiping his cloth along the (already clean) furniture. He absolutely has to help unload the dishwasher. For some reason, this is one of his favorite activities. He knows that he is allowed to hand me the plastic plates and silverware, and he takes his job of handing each item over, one by one, very seriously. And he’s actually very good at cleaning up after himself. He likes putting all his toys away while we sing the “Clean Up” song. I hope he’s always so eager to help! I’m enjoying this stage of his development where he WANTS to clean, even though his “help” certainly makes each task take twice as long.
M loves Mickey Mouse. I think he started to especially love him after our trip to Disneyland. He gets very excited when we pull his Mickey Mouse jammies out at bedtime. And that kid… he is just too cute for words when he is sleeping. Sometimes I just HAVE to take a picture, even though I know I risk waking him up with the flash. But I just never want to forget his sweet little sleeping face.
I thought about making this a post all of its own, but decided to just throw it in here. M is absolutely obsessed with getting into things. Literally. He loves perching in or on any box, basket, or bookshelf that can fit his little diaper bum. I am constantly finding him inside cupboards. He will empty the entire thing and then climb right inside and close the door. It scared me a little bit one time because he climbed in the pot and pan cupboard, closed the door, and then was so quiet I didn’t know where he had gone!
More Places He Perches:
For the most part, M climbed into each of the above little perches all on his own. It wasn’t until I was ordering pictures the other day that I really even realized just HOW often M parks it in odd spots. He loves finding his own little nook to hide out in.
Whitney, he is so adorable! I can't wait to meet him someday. He seems like just the sweetest little boy. I always love to read these and hear all about what he is up to these days. I was wondering how nursery was going and I'm so glad to hear he is doing well! You are such a good mom to your sweet boy!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how big he is! And still such a sweetheart. :)
ReplyDeleteOh goodness! I just ooohed and awwed (spelling) out loud over EVERY. SINGLE. PHOTO. He is precious! So glad you share these updates! I wish we lived closer so I could see him growing in real life. Such a darling little man!
ReplyDeletehe is so precious! 18 months!? wow!
ReplyDelete