Last week, we decided to make a quick trip to spend some time with our Natalie and family. The weather was kind to us, and we were able to make it there and back without any delays or problems. We had so much fun, but then again we always do when we make these kinds of trips. This one was especially special because it was kind of an early Christmas celebration for us to get to spend time with people we love so much.
M was so enamored with this snow globe. He would say “again again” before all of the snow had even finished falling.
And OF COURSE we had to open presents, because there was no way we could have waited until Christmas. We love to tease Natalie because she cannot wait for surprises. Last year, she told us, “You guys I got M the cutest thing ever, you’re gonna love it but I’m not going to tell you what it is.”
Two seconds later…
“It’s a sweater!”
Haha. I love her so much. She is always doing things like this and it makes us laugh every time. We quote, “It’s a sweater!” all the time in our house.
M was more than happy to open presents. In fact, he went from lap to lap opening present after present whether or not they were for him. Oh man, Christmas day is going to be SO fun this year! I can’t wait!
Natty got M a Singing Elmo for Christmas and M was rather in love. Though he has actually played with him a lot more since we got home than when he first opened him. I think largely because he was too excited to be opening presents to enjoy his new toy to the fullest. But he is particularly fond of feeding Singing Elmo his microphone. As I think I’ve mentioned before, Elmo is his current obsession.
Nat and I both got each other scarves this year!
Matchy matchy photos :). Though I wish the lighting was better, I still love them so much. It’s so hard to take good Christmas-lighting photos.
We got to help decorate the Christmas tree and Spence was less than pleased to discover a UTAH ORNAMENT! GASP! He refused to put it on the tree.
Nat pulled this hat out of the closet, or maybe M did and we bribed M with pretzel goldfish to take his picture wearing it. He will totally say “cheese” if it will earn him a treat.
Of course we took a thousand pictures. As per usual.
This one is one of my favorites:
I love that they are making the exact same face! Natalie’s roommate pointed out this other face that they both make where they kind of roll their eyes and tip their head back and kind of growl. It’s sort of an exasperated expression. I have seen both of them do it, but I had never realized the similarity until Nat’s roommate pointed it out. Somehow I’ll have to get a picture of them making that face too.
M enjoyed sooooo much attention. We spent most of our time sitting around just watching him play. The next day we took the train up to Temple Square to see Nat again and to look at the lights. But when we got off the train it was snowing pretty hard, so we didn’t get to see the lights after all (M was less than pleased with being snowed on, poor kid). But it all worked out because we got to have dinner together at Kneaders and just visit and we had a lovely time.
The day after that, we got together with Spencer’s family to watch the Christmas devotional. It was so fun to watch Mason playing with his cousins. He’s lucky to have so many cousins his age. The kiddos all piled into a play tent for a picture.
We also got to meet our future brother in law! EEEEE! I should have gotten a picture of the happy couple.
We’re excited to go back soon for a wedding!
No comments:
Post a Comment