- M’s head perking up when he hears the garage door open, followed by the pat pat pat of little feet running down the hall to meet daddy at the door.
- Everyone piling into our bed after M wakes up from his nap and is still juuuuust sleepy enough that he’ll hold still and cuddle for a gosh darn second.
- When M grabs a book from his bookshelf, and then backs up and plops right in my lap. I can’t even tell you how much I love that he wants to sit in my lap to read stories. Even if he’s just reading them to himself, he wants to be with me.
- When M calls me “mommy.” I loved being called “mama” for sure, but “mommy” is just my favorite.
- Dance parties around the living room. I never get tired of watching M prance about/prancing along with him.
- Watching M waddle.
- When M wraps his little arms around my neck and rests his head on my shoulder. I’ve noticed that M amps up the cuddling around naptime/bedtime as a stalling tactic. Totally works every time. He thinks he’s tricking me into letting him stay up later, but really I think I’m tricking him into cuddling longer. Win-win really.
- Hearing M say “Elmo.” I don’t know why, but that one word is absurdly cute when he says it. He’s obsessed with Elmo and I’m obsessed with hearing him say, “Elmo” so it all works out.
- Holding M’s hand through the crib slats for a moment after I tuck him in.
- Holding hands for walks around the neighborhood.
- Hearing M sing along to the radio from the backseat of the car.
It’s interesting how the mundane things are often the most memorable. Each night when I write down my highlights of the day, the simple little exchanges are usually what stand out to me the most. So much of what is special is routine. I don’t want to ever forget any of it.
Such precious moments to treasure up in your heart! I can hardly wait to have these moments with our future child(ren) myself!
ReplyDelete