Saturday, March 15, 2014

Kellen’s First Bath

007
Kellen’s first bath was a much anticipated event. So when his cord finally fell out, we all gathered ‘round the whale tub to scrub Mr. Kellen. We even moved the tub to Kellen’s room so we could all fit, because bathing the baby is a family affair, you know. 014
Kellen didn’t seem to know what to think of the whole process. He kicked and wiggled a lot, but didn’t seem unhappy. Mostly he seemed perplexed as to why we were all making such a fuss.

I love the photo on the left:
C
We didn’t tell Mason to kiss his brother for the photo, he just did it on his own and luckily I had the camera ready to capture it. Mason smooches Kellen’s head multiple times a day without any encouragement from us, which just melts my heart. Mason LOVES gently kissing the top of Kellen’s fuzzy little peach head. As do I. As does Spencer. No WONDER he’s already losing what little hair he worked so hard to grow!

Finally we scooped him out and dried him off:
015 
And lotioned him up and dressed him in his cutest fuzzy blue teddy outfit:
018
I don’t know why but the below photo made me laugh out loud when I saw it. I had stepped out for a second to empty the tub, and handed the camera to Spencer who snapped a shot from the doorway. Kellen just looks so LITTLE and Mason is just absorbed in his book, totally unaware that Brother is lying on the floor looking all abandoned (though Spencer was watching them both the whole time). Even though there’s an ugly towel hanging on the crib, and an unfinished dresser against the wall, I love this photo.
019
And then Mason realized that Brother was on the floor all alone, so he came to keep him company and examine his teddy toes:
024
D
Cute, clean, little teddy bear. I swear nothing smells better than clean baby. I wish they smelled like that forever.

1 comment:

  1. In that picture Spencer took, Kellen looks like a little doll lying there. I, too, love that clean baby smell -- someone should make a perfume (haha). You are so blessed to have two wonderful baby boys who were meant for your family!

    ReplyDelete