Oh cute baby boy! Sometimes after I’ve already tucked Kellen in for the night, I just want to go scoop him up again to cuddle some more. He is just the cutest, sweetest little darling.
He has been so interactive lately! He loves to smile and our favorite is that he has started “talking.” He just has so many important things to say! I love listening to his little baby noises. One of his cutest is this loud inhale or gasping kind of noise he makes when he’s really happy.
He’s starting to plump up a bit more, but he is actually rather slender compared to how chunky Mason was at 3 months. The thing is, Kellen is just so dang TALL that as soon as he starts to fatten up he grows a ton and then slims down a bit again. He’s not thin by any means, he’s just a long, sorta lean, healthy boy.
Kellen is still an awesome sleeper. I’d say we’re on a pretty solid schedule at this point with three naps a day and bedtime at about 7:30. At first I would have to wake him up from his naps or he would try to sleep all day party all night. But now that we’ve kept his schedule for several weeks now, he wakes himself up the same time each day after every nap. And he wakes up at exactly 5:45 each morning for his breakfast, after which he goes back to sleep for another couple hours. The kid is absolutely a clock. He knows EXACTLY when he wants to eat, wake up, or sleep almost down to the minute.
Kellen has figured out that if he kicks his legs really hard in his bouncer, his toys will sway. This makes him exceedingly happy. He adores kicking and wiggling. He also adores peeking over our shoulders. This is one of his favorite ways to be held. And there is something so dang irresistible about him when he’s just peeking over a shoulder with his cheek fatly smooshed up. When Spencer holds him like this I always try to steal him away because I cannot resist those cheeks. Spencer will say, “But I JUST got him!”
Kellen has started stuffing his hands in his mouth every chance he gets. He gnaws on those fists even if he’s not hungry. The other day we were taking pictures with his elephant, and he started trying to stuff that in his mouth too. It was kind of funny to watch him go after Elephant with mouth wide open.
My friend made me a sling, so he’s been spending lots of time in that. I also have a wrap which we use fairly often as well. The sling’s nice because it folds up small and fits in my purse, and it also only takes 10 seconds to put on. Kellen’s not picky about either mode of transportation. He just likes to cuddle close and drift off.
We just can’t get enough of our mellow fellow.
Goodness he is cute and what a cute family you have!! Did you get a haircut? I am loving your bangs!
ReplyDelete