Every month just gets more and more fun. And Kellen just gets chubbier and cuter!
My absolute favorite thing that Kellen as been doing lately is opening his mouth as WIDE as he can when he’s really happy. In photos it kind of comes off looking mad, but nope. Believe it or not this is his happiest of happy faces:
I just LOVE that he smiles that way! BAH! Seriously, I hope he smiles like this forever and always. He especially loves it when we hoist him above our heads and then slowly lower him down. He will giggle so hard when we play this game. His giggle is just my favorite sound. And when both boys get giggling (especially at each other) I just die from all the cuteness.
And check this out:
I know it’s kind of really hard to see but… HAIR! He has the sweetest little tufts that poke straight up and make him look like a little chicken. I spend so much of my day fluffing what little hair he has. In fact, everyone loves to play with it, including Mason. That little peach head is so darn cute.
I can never decide what color eyes he has. They are the most beautiful shade of dark blue with green just around the pupil. Sometimes they look more grey, sometimes they look more hazel. They seem to change color every day. He has long eyelashes that are very fair like his hair.
Kellen has been discovering toys a little bit more. He has started trying to grab the mushroom that hangs down from his bouncer and he gets quite frustrated when he can’t quite grasp it! That mushroom just torments the poor kid. He is very fascinated with his hands and he always wants them up to his face or, if possible, in his mouth.
Some of our nicknames for Kellen are: Kellen Bug (still), Chicken little, Kellen Melon, and the Kelephant. All especially appropriate as he continues to plump up a bit.
Kellen adores his big brother and often saves his biggest smiles for him. Mason loves to hold and feed Kellen (but only when HE wants to, never when MOM wants him to for a picture, little toot) which cracks me up since Mason is a pretty tiny guy and Kellen is so huge.
And yes, I still dress them in matching clothing whenever possible. I truly can’t help myself. It’s a disease.
Kellen loves to watch Mason play. He is COMPLETELY fascinated by everything Mason does. It’s like I can just see the little wheels in his head turning as he tries to figure out when he can do all those big boy things. It’s so funny how babies are fascinated by other babies and children.
My absolute favorite moments in life are when we’re all cuddling together. I live for those peaceful, everyday moments where the boys are happy and we’re just all together. It never ceases to amaze me that the times when we’re not doing anything special are actually the most special times. Those are the memories I hold closest and re-visit most often.
I love him so much! And his happy wide mouth smile is SO cute!!! I also love the pictures of him and Mason together. I love to see the resemblance between the two of them, they have the same nose, I think! Definitely orchestrated by Heavenly Father to be brothers! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is thee cutest post ever!! You're boys are soo incredibly handsome. I'm super happy for your family!
ReplyDelete