The day after Kellen was sealed to us, we were able to bless him in church. It was so special to see Spencer bless our baby. It was one of those moments we had dreamed about during the long wait for our babies. We were so happy that everyone who had come for Kellen’s sealing was able to be there for his blessing. Being surrounded by our family and dearest friends on that special day meant a lot to us.
We hosted a luncheon at our house afterwards and were finally able to formally introduce everyone to each other. I was slightly nervous because I don’t think we’d every hosted such a large gathering in our house (about 35 people), but we had more than enough food so I think it all worked out ok! It was so fun for us to see everyone visiting. We have such great family and friends.
I actually had a lot of fun getting ready for the event. Most of the decorations were just snatched from Kellen’s nursery, but I did sculpt a few little elephants and made the Italian Soda and “Please write a note for Kellen and Serena” sign. Oh, and I made their little scrapbooks of course. It was fun to have a few crafty projects to work on after the boys were in bed! And working on Kellen’s little love note book has inspired me to start on his baby book.
Serena and her mom look exactly alike! Wow!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love Project Life!
What a special day :) Everything looked so so cute!
ReplyDeleteWow! Whitney, your craftiness always inspires me! I love all the beautiful details here and I am so glad it went so well! What a wonderful, wonderful weekend!
ReplyDelete