We were so excited for Halloween this year! Mason tried on his costume pretty much daily until the big night arrived (and has worn it every day since, actually). When we would ask him what he was going to be for Halloween he would say, “I’m gonna be a monkey and Kellen’s gonna be a nana!” He even knew that Spence and I were joining in on the fun by dressing up like palm trees. Mason liked to practice trick or treating with his little plastic jack o’ lantern (we would “trick or treat” in the living room for hours) and he loved hearing about how he dressed up like Pooh bear last year.
So when Halloween finally rolled around, Mason was ready. It was so darling to watch him march up to each house and knock on the door. He was great about saying “trick or treat” and “thank you” and would even usually throw in a “happy Halloween” at the end. He would usually try and strike up a conversation with whoever answered the door, “Is this your house? Is that your dog?” He thought he was SO cool to be out when it was dark. The whole experience was just magical for him. I know lots of people aren’t huge fans of Halloween, but I love it. It was such a delight to watch my boys having such a grand time. And there is just something about little kids in costume that is seriously too adorable. I mean, that banana was cute enough to eat!
We went to our friend’s trunk or treat since our ward didn’t have one, and then decided that we couldn’t possibly pass up an opportunity to show off the boys in costume again, so we took them to a few houses in the neighborhood Halloween night. Needless to say, we aren’t hurting for sugar around here. Mason has been enjoying little pieces here and there for the past week. Poor Kellen. Next year he will be able to enjoy Halloween spoils too!
Too cute!!
ReplyDeleteEvelyn and I keep coming back to this page over and over to look at these pictures. You guys are so clever! When Evelyn sees the computer she says "I wanna see Mason and the banana!" We might have to print one out for her haha
ReplyDeleteSuch cute costumes! :) You guys are such a fun family! Love you!
ReplyDelete