Thursday, September 3, 2015

Create a Book About Your Child’s Favorite Stuffed Animal

IMG_3615a
I have made lots of little books for our boys with pictures of and stories about them. They love flipping through them. Not to mention, they make great gifts for grandparents and birth families.

This book, however, is one of Mason’s favorites. Not surprising when you consider the subject matter: Monkey. Mason’s very best pal. He still takes him everywhere and I joke that Monkey’s pretty much my third child. It’s almost true though, I have to keep careful track of that primate or come bedtime there’s lots of weeping and wailing. He truly can’t sleep without him This is why we actually have a Monkey back up, just in case. Mason does not know about this clone hiding in the closet. There was this unfortunate incident where Monkey went missing and after a couple of nights of Mason sobbing himself to sleep, Monkey finally made his way back to us. Only he was newer and fluffier and less misshapen. We wondered if Mason would accept him, but he cuddled him in without comment so…phew. We all could sleep at night again. And the spare Monkey is safely stored and ready for an emergency. But I hope it will never come to that.

Anyway, here’s a peek at a few pictures that I took for the book. I decided to leave out the words since they were written just for Mason.
112IMG_7113Monkey 3Monkey 1Monkey 4aM19aaMonkey 14 
There you have it. A fun idea for a gift for the kiddo in your life! Ours has been a big hit and is one of the most requested stories in our home. In case your curious, I printed mine at Shutterfly. They always have good coupons and I was able to make this book for just the cost of shipping. 

I want to make one for Kellen too, but so far he doesn’t have a very strong attachment to any particular toy. But I am planning on making books for both boys for Christmas this year. I’ll have to share what I come up with at some point.

2 comments: