Saturday, September 5, 2015

Hot Air Balloon Festival

2019234161013141721DSC00072
One of the highlights of our year is the "balloon festibal" (according to Mason who also says words like "hosbibal" and "capibal"). We had to wake the boys and leave the house when it was dark out to get there in time, but it was totally worth it. Because it was so early, it was pretty cold out and we bundled the boys in blankets in the stroller. I told Spencer that the balloon festival is perhaps my favorite event that we have ever attended in Boise. I love love love it! It's so cool because you get to go right on the field in the middle of the balloons and watch while they are unloaded from their trailers and then filled with air. They slightly stagger their launching times, and you get to watch the whole sky fill with balloons as they play festive music. It is so beautiful and so amazing to watch. Especially because the event takes place at dawn and the sunrise is the backdrop behind all those colorful balloons. The boys were totally enthralled. Kellen's little eyes were wide with amazement and he kept pointing out his favorites. Mason told everyone we saw that day about the festibal and the fire in the balloons that makes them go high in the sky. I kept telling Spencer, "This is so amazing. I WILL NOT get over it." Ah, I know I'm gushing, but it really was one of those adventures that truly was THAT spectacular.

1 comment: