We were really excited to take Mason to the park on a picnic this past weekend. So Spencie made sandwiches. And we packed up our cute picnic basket, replenished the diaper bag, put Lizzy on a leash, strapped Baby into his car seat, loaded up the car, pulled out onto the road, and started driving.
The sky started out looking like this:
(A few clouds, yes, but an overall lovely day.)
But pretty soon it started to look like this:
(A drop or two splashed on our foreheads right as we climbed out of the car.)
So we turned right around and drove home. But don’t you worry. A picnic we had packed. A picnic we would eat.
Baby see, baby do:
We feasted. We cuddled. We listened to the rain pour outside while we all lounged about inside. It was all very cozy.
We finished our dessert and pretty soon after peeked out the window to see this:
Ah well, still a lovely afternoon well spent if I do say so myself.
I can't believe how big he's getting, he's so adorable!! Oh the life of having one baby I remember those days of relaxation. Hopefully some day Mason will have some fun little siblings to run around with, drive you crazy and fill your house with lots of love and laughter and a little less relaxation :)
ReplyDeleteI love this! Growing up we had picnics on the family room floor every Friday night. They are some of my happiest memories:) Glad you got to enjoy your day even despite the rain!
ReplyDeleteMason looks so cute and grown up in these photos!!
Indoor picnics are so much fun! Did you let Mr. M lick the potato chip dust off his fingers? :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a happy little picnic! My family always had indoor picnics too and it is something I will always remember! Mason has had so many fun experiences already! You are such a great mom. :)
ReplyDeleteHe is such a doll. I love him!
ReplyDeleteSo do strangers tell you all the time that you look amazing for having just had a baby? A few people told me that when Noah was little, and it made my day! I would say, "Thank you!" And you are WAYYYYYY skinnier than I am, so I imagine you get that all the time. :) Dang girl, you look good!
Haha! YES! They do! It was funnier before Mason was born though. Like when people found out we were expecting a baby in a couple of months, their eyes would travel to my stomach and kind of widen. It was quite funny.
Delete