Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Finalization

001a

Last Thursday we were able to take Mason to court for finalization! 

It was such an exciting day for our family.  We had been looking forward to it since the day our cutie pie was placed in our arms.  And even though it took much longer than we expected for our day at court to FINALLY be scheduled, everything went smoothly so it all worked out in the end. 

It was interesting to be in an empty courtroom with just our family, our caseworker, and our attorney seated before the judge.  I think Spencer described it well when he said that the proceedings felt like mostly a formality.  We were not in court longer that just a few minutes.  And when all was said and done, of course Baby Boy didn’t really feel any more “ours” than he had been before.  But it was a day to be celebrated, nevertheless.  Mostly because now we can be sealed together as a forever family.  THAT is what we have really been longing for and dreaming of.  I can’t imagine not being with my sweethearts for forever.  They are my whole world. 

001003

We are so excited to go to the temple in just a few days!  I just feel so grateful.  We are very blessed.  

007a

008

12 comments:

  1. awww Whitney! I am so excited for you guys to be sealed together!!! Nothing could be sweeter!!!! Seriously wish we could be there with you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! This is so wonderful Whitney!! I love what you said, about how he didn't feel any more "yours" than before, and that what you are really looking forward to is your family sealing. What a special time for your family! I can't wait to see you guys and celebrate in your miracle!! Love you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray!! Also - you are so DANG photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you to go to the temple together! You look like you're really enjoying where you are at...but we sure miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made me want to tear up. So glad your dream will be coming true in just a few days.
    ps. I agree with Lara.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Whitney! Congrats on your finalization! I'm so excited for you to be sealed. I still remember when my little brother was sealed to us and I was only three. It was magical.
    I was wondering if you might be willing to e-mail me and answer a few questions for me? I'm adopted and my parents keep telling me that it's just a formality but I keep worrying about what it will be like. A lot of things have changed since I was adopted! I was under the impression that the baby had to be six months old, has that changed? What kinds of questions does the judge ask? Does the caseworker plead your case? Do you plead your case at all? Does the judge ask about your health and such? I'm just so worried that my history of epilepsy will put as at a major disadvantage, even though I plan to wait till I am consistently seizure free for at least 9 months. If you could e-mail me, it would be so appreciated! Chelsi.johnston@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations!! i am so excited to see your sealing photos. what a great day these two days are.

    www.wewouldlovetoadopt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete