Tuesday, August 28, 2012

This That and the Other

blanket

I just had to jot down a few updates about our cutie pie so I’ll remember all the fun things he has been doing lately!  As alarming as it is to me  that he is getting to be such a big boy, I have to admit that this stage of life has been so much fun.  We love watching M smile and giggle and explore the world around him.

So first up: TOES!

toes

M has discovered that he has them.  He loves to hold his toes.  It is the cutest thing in the world to me to watch him rolling all over the floor holding on to his piggies.  He learned another trick too.  He loves to raise his legs high in the air and then SLAM them on his mattress.  The first time he did this I got scared and sat up in bed trying to figure out what the heck that loud bang was.  Now I have gotten kind of used to it.  We will often hear him kicking around after we stick him in his crib for the night. 

020a

I love these pictures of him in one of my favorite outfits.  Yup, it’s another whale.  M LOVES whales.  Whales are his favorite.  Whales and elephants.  And no, it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he is a little chubster.  Okay, okay, actually it does.  But this outfit is particularly nostalgic me (see Exhibit A).  I was so excited for our baby to wear it someday.  And it looked so big to me when we first purchased it!  My how time flies. 

whale1

Mr. M is somewhat of a spitter upper.  Sometimes I get really clever and holler “SAVE THE WHALE” as I charge at M, burpcloth in tow, whenever he manages to spit up on this particular cute little outfit. 

Did I mention that we got a piano?  Well we did.  It was actually gifted to us by someone in our ward.  I love love love curling up on the couch while Spence plays us primary songs.  Mason loves it too.  He is perfectly content to sit in daddy’s lap while he plays.  He seems just fascinated by the whole experience.  I do believe piano lessons are in his future.   

004008009

M also recently tried cereal for the first time.  The verdict: he LOVES it.  It took him a couple of days to figure out how to eat it.  But now he loves to chow down on his oatmeal.  Cereal time is one of my favorite times of the day.  It is SO darling to watch him eat.  He is such a happy, messy little eater.  And he thinks it’s hilarious when I say “num num num,” for some reason. 

018

He has also developed a love for blowing raspberries.  I prefer that he doesn’t do this during mealtime, alas, I do believe that mealtime is M’s favorite time to hone this skill.  I was covered head to toe in oatmeal the other night.  We have learned that M has happy raspberries and mad raspberries.  And even though we of course love it best when he is happy, I must admit that it is kind of funny to hear him angrily blowing raspberries in the backseat of the car.

M has recently taken more of an interest in his toys.  He is getting better and better and rolling over to grab toys that are just out of reach.  His favorite toy seems to be his wrist rattler elephant.  He doesn’t love shaking it so much as chewing on the elephants trunk.  Even though he still is showing every sign of teething, no teeth have yet made their appearance. 

Oh, and I just had to share a couple of photos of M in his outfit from Aunt Shari and Uncle Mike.  Don’t you guys think he looks a little like Patrick Jane?   

013a

Just a little bit? 

010aTHE MENTALIST

Man oh man, we love that cutie pie!

 

M, not Patrick.

6 comments:

  1. He just gets cuter and cuter!! love his chubby cheeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, these photos make my heart melt! What a little cutie bug!! Too cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too adorable! (M, not Patrick Jane)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! There he is in all his cuteness!!! I especially love his new church outfit. Mason, you are so stylin! And Whitney, I absolutely loved talking with you yesterday too! It was so, so delightful to catch up! Love you and miss you! Hopefully I will see you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy reading all about your bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um yes! Patrick Jane all the way! Give that kiddos smooches on his big fat cheeks for me!

    ReplyDelete