Thursday, September 20, 2012

First Trip to the Beach

002a_thumb2

I was so excited to go to the beach I can’t even tell you! When I was growing up, our family would hop on over to the beach multiple times during the summer. I love sprawling out on the sand, riding the waves, and strolling along the pier. Summers simply aren’t the same here in ole’ landlocked Idaho. Even though I haven’t lived in California for over four years, I STILL can’t get used to a summer without the ocean. It’s my dream to live near the ocean again someday. I want M to have the summers I had growing up.

017_thumb2

The weather was PERFECT. It was a hot day and the gloomy fog that often hangs over the ocean was nowhere to be found. Just lots of sunshine, not a cloud in sight.

052_thumb2080_thumb2

I love these pictures I snapped of my sister and her little sweetheart. Ev looks so small in such a big world.

098_thumb2099_thumb2091_thumb2

I love this one too. It’s like Ev is reaching for M and saying, “Come on cousin, let’s go on an adventure!”

108_thumb2112_thumb2

Even though M looks a bit serious in these pictures, he really did like the water. He was fascinated by the waves splashing on his little toes. He seems to like the water more and more every time we take him swimming. Little fish.

048c_thumb2055_thumb2103_thumb2

My cute boys. M loved looking out at the water.

123_thumb2126_thumb2070_thumb2071_thumb2

We all took turns boogie boarding while the others stayed on shore with the babies. Grandma and Grandpa watched M and Ev while the rest of us played in the water for a while. It was SO MUCH FUN! I hadn’t been boogie boarding in over a year. While I was out boarding, a fish brushed up against my leg and I screamed bloody murder because I had just been thinking about “Soul Surfer.” Not the best topic of thought when you are out on the water I suppose.

men_thumb3061_thumb2

M with his Grandpa and Grandma:

083a_thumb3

I always laugh when I see pins for “perfect beach waves” on Pintrest. It kind of makes me think that anyone who thinks that you can get “perfect beach waves” has never actually been to a beach. Because the thing is, the humid, salty, beach air does TERRIBLE things to your hair. Most of the people at the beach have frizzy, fly away-y, crazy, hobo hair. Which is fine and all, it just makes me giggle.

babe_thumb3

When we got home, we turned on the jacuzzi to bathwater temperature and all hopped in the warm water to relax. The babies had so much fun splashing and kicking around. In fact, Mason splashed like he has never splashed in his entire life. He was having a total ball! It was so cute to watch!

010_thumb2011_thumb2

5 comments:

  1. So cute and so fun! I wish we lived by the ocean...we've yet to take the boys. Today Z was looking at a book that has the ocean and asked, "Go there mom?" Hopefully soon! For now we'll just have to count our lake trips!

    p.s. You guys are the funnest parents ever...Lance is 28 and still hasn't been to Disneyland...we've gotta work on that!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a little chubster!!!! Love those rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the cutest little sandy toes I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So precious!!! What cute little beach babies!! I love your photos!! The colorful umbrella and sunglass detail shots are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so much fun! the babies are so stinkin' cute! I love all your updates!!! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete