Friday, October 5, 2012

M at Six Months

053

As you know, Baby Boy turned SIX months old!  Crazy!  I was actually super emotional on his actual half-birthday.  I still can’t believe he’s here.  That he’s ours.  We feel so grateful both to our Heavenly Father and our sweet Natalie Girl.  What I wanted more than anything was to have Nat here with us.  But though she was busy being a student and a working woman miles away, we thought of her all day long.    

(If you like Mason’s ADORABLE little gnome hat, you can order one for yourself (or your little one as the case may be)!  Spencer’s co-anchor, Natalee made two little hats for M Bug and we LOOOOOOOOOOVE them.  He will be wearing them a lot in the near future, I do believe.  He wore them today in fact :).  Natalee is opening up an etsy shop, but she also does customized colors and can add a flower to the girly hats.  Like to order one?  Visit Natalee’s website HERE.) 

These days, Baby is getting so good at sitting up on his own!  Every time we go the doctor, he comments on M’s muscles.  He definitely does have some definition under that cute chub, as well as super broad shoulders for a wee one.  And he is STRONG.  Like when he’s getting burped, he will throw all of his weight backwards and arch his back with all his might.  It's sometimes all I can do to keep him upright.  He can seriously kick those little legs too.  Tonight his bouncer was sitting next to the table and he put his foot on the table leg and pushed the table so hard he moved it.       

He loves to pump his left leg while he is sitting in his bouncer and rock as fast as he can.  He still adores his car seat.  He likes his high chair and his Johnny Jump-up too.  Although, he still hasn’t figured out how to JUMP in the Johnny Jump-up.  He mostly walks in circles with a huge grin on his face.  He thinks it’s pretty cool to be upright like a big boy.  We got M one of those little mesh bag things (I can’t for the life of me remember what they’re called) that safely holds solid food for babies to chew on.  We put a banana in there today and yesterday and M was in heaven gumming that poor banana to death.  He got food everywhere.  It was all over his face and in his hair.  It’s nice because M can practice feeding himself and he feels like such a big boy when he can do that.  He always wants to hold the spoon when I’m trying to feed him, but of course isn’t coordinated enough to get the food to his mouth.  So he loved eating the banana all on his own.   

sit020a

One of my FAVORITE things that M has started doing is giving kisses.  When I say, “Can I have a kiss?” M will open his mouth as WIDE as he can and plant a big wet one on my cheek.  He doesn’t do it every time.  He can be stingy with those kisses!  Which, I guess makes it all the more special when you do get one.  I never thought I would love getting slobbered on so much, but M’s soggy kisses totally melt my heart.  He still blows raspberries from sunup to sundown.     

008015

Something kind of funny about M is that he never fusses when he wakes up in the morning or from a nap.  He lays quietly in his crib pulling off his socks and chewing on his toes (he won’t leave socks on for anything).  Some mornings I have no idea what time he woke up because when I peek in to check on him he is already wide awake.  He usually sleeps about 12 to even 13 hours a night and takes a couple of 20 minute naps.  He is a cat napper, which really isn’t all that surprising since he sleeps such a long stretch at night.  One of my favorite times of day is getting him out of his crib in the morning.  He gives me the biggest grin in the world like he’s saying, “Mom!  You’re here!  Thank you for rescuing me!”  He is such a content baby and can entertain himself for long periods of time. 

One of my favorite things about Baby is how affectionate he is.  He LOVES to cuddle.  His favorite place is in our arms, which we are more than okay with.  When he rests his little head on my chest, there’s just nothing better.  It’s those moments that most make we want to freeze time.  I try to memorize every single little detail of how he feels in my arms and the smell of his baby shampoo.  I never ever want to forget these most precious times of his childhood.  They are golden.

021017a004

If we’re really lucky, sometimes M will sing along to the radio or hum along as we sing primary songs.  He is most vocal when we are driving in the car.  He giggles the loudest when we tickle his collarbone or thighs.  He also thinks it’s pretty hilarious when we pretend to eat his fingers or tummy. 

Oh big boy, will you slow down a little already? 

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe he already gives kisses! What a smart cookie!

    You are SO lucky that he is so content. I can't believe he just lays in his crib happily when he wakes up. What a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he is just so sweet! I adore every single photo and every little detail you've written about here!

    PS: Those hats really are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete