Thursday, November 15, 2012

Flirt

004a

This teddy bear you see here is the biggest flirt you will EVER meet.  He loves to charm the ladies.  ESPECIALLY the grandmas (not just his grandma’s but any cute little grandma that glances his way).  He will smile and coo and sing in a high pitched voice and dance and shyly peek from behind my shoulder and just put on the biggest show.  It is so funny to me that he does this, especially because I am terrible at flirting (not that I flirt with anyone other than Spencer) and always have been.  Spencer obviously was a good enough flirt to woo me, but I have heard some very cute and funny stories about his attempts to flirt with girls at stake dances.  I should mention that this was when he was a wee little fourteen-year-old-teacher.  As far as I know, he does not attend stake dances these days (well, except when he goes with me to chaperone).  If M is this practiced at flirting at only seven months old, how will he be when he is SEVENTEEN?  Oh dear.    

The other day we were at the store and M was starting to get fussy.  He had had it with shopping and wanted to go home and take a nap.  We were checking out as M started to work up to a louder cry when this cute elderly couple walked by and the sweet little old lady stopped to say hi to M.  He stopped right in the middle of his fit to flirt.  Like he hadn’t just been throwing the biggest tantrum in the universe.  And then when the couple walked away, he picked up right where he left off and was fussing again.  Spence and I were cracking up.  He is quite the performer.     

M’s new favorite way to flirt is by growling.  He loves to growl at people who happen to cross his path.  They are very good natured growls, which make people bust up laughing, and further encourage his growly bear ways.  It is so funny to hear such a rumble come from someone so small.  He certainly knows how to win hearts.  Especially mine.     

008a

4 comments:

  1. Cutest little bear around! Love these photos of him!! So adorale:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mason, I am so glad you are working on your flirting skills so you can woo our little girl in like 21 years or so! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The small one is wise (and adorable!). :)

    ReplyDelete