I am so lucky to have so much help around the house. M is always eager to do whatever I am doing. It definitely takes a bit longer to do all of the things that need to be done with the cutie pie in tow. But I love that he just wants to be near me.
M loves to help do laundry. He sits in my lap wile I fold clothes and busies himself by trying to swipe hangers to gnaw on. It’s a tough job, but someone hast to taste test those hangers right? His most favorite thing to do is to pull the folded clothes out of his drawer as fast as I can put more in. He also loves playing in the upside down clothes hamper. It’s a whole ‘nother world in there guys.
M’s also pretty good at helping me put on my make up. He takes good care of my mascara while I’m putting on the rest of my makeup. And he loves to rummage through my makeup bag to find what would be most pretty. He makes sure to slap the mirror lots and lots because that adds a lot of ambiance when one is prepping for the day. M also does his best to ensure that I don’t spend TOO much time in front of the mirror (he usually gives me about five minutes), because he doesn’t want to encourage vanity.
Sometimes, M likes to help me cook. He busily bangs a wooden spoon against his tray to keep tempo while I whirl about the kitchen creating culinary delights. If it looks like I’m slacking, he’ll toss his spoons overboard just to give me something to do.
Most of all, he helps by keeping me on my toes. He helps by making me a better, more patient person. He helps by reminding me what is really important, not the laundry or cooking or millions of other little tasks that take up a day. But time with him.
awww! your little man is so precious! I'm enjoying reading through your blog (a friend of mine sent me the link to your blog) as my hubby and I are struggling with infertility right now. I know God has an amazing plan for us whether we are able to have biological children someday or adopt! Children are a blessing and it's good to see you enjoying your little boy!
ReplyDelete~Whitney~
He is just absolutely precious! I adore that you write about the little things that mean SO much! Gahhh! I learn so much from all the mommies out there for when "I grow up" :)
ReplyDelete