A few days ago, M decided that baby food is for chumps. If it’s in a baby food jar, then he does not want anything to do with it. I was surprised by this latest transformation, because it happened so suddenly. One day he was eating anything that could fit on a spoon, the next he was acting like eating his favorite mashed green beans was torture.
Lots of times he gets little bites of whatever we’re having, so there are some meals that we don’t even open a jar of baby food. But there are other times that he just can’t have what we’re having because it’s too dairy based or spicy or whatever the case may be.
So tonight daddy got smart. He poured some of M’s food onto his own plate and fed it to him on a metal spoon. We discovered pretty quickly that it has to be off OUR plates, not just any dinner plate will do, it must be the one we are currently eating off of. And just like that, M was eating his baby lasagna like it aint no thang.
The way he is striving to be a big boy lately is amazing to me. He wants to do everything we are doing the exact way we are doing it. He follows me around in his walker like he’s chained to my ankle. If I’m doing dishes, he’s pulling the dishrags off their handles. If I’m folding laundry, he’s unfolding laundry. If I’m playing the piano, he wants to sit in my lap and play too. I love having a little shadow. I just can’t believe how fast he is growing up.
And speaking of growing up, just this week the little mister decreed that he will take only one nap a day.
I know I say it all the time, but could time slow down just a little bit?
Smart Daddy! That was a stroke of genius, Spencer.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about time. Every time I make a visit back home, I wonder how much the littles will have grown. M & L are getting so big so quickly. *sigh* Slow down already . . . at least for your auntie's sake. :)