Monday, February 4, 2013

Ten Months

007

Oh my cutie pie. I could just eat him up! He’s been a busy boy this past month!

Lately M has mastered cruising around in his walker. It is the cutest, funniest thing in the world to see him walking around in his bumper car. Anytime he’s in there, he’s close on my heels. It just cracks me up to have someone small bumbling along behind me everywhere go. It will be even weirder to see him walking along WITHOUT the walker someday. Crazy!

002006

M has also discovered how to pull himself to a stand. So far, he has only done this in the bathtub. I guess the edge of the tub is just the perfect height. He was SO proud when he stood up unassisted for the first time. It was so cute to see him all dripping wet and nekked with the biggest, happiest grin you have ever seen on his face. I ADORE his “proud” grin. There are few things I love more than seeing my little boy get excited about learning something new.

015
013

This past month M also learned how to drink from a straw. He thinks he’s pretty big stuff when he’s sipping ice water out of mommy or daddy’s glass. He finally figured out how to kind of army crawl. But he still hates inching along on his tummy. His preferred mode of transportation is siting on his diaper bum and scooting across the floor. Or occasionally he will roll from one end of the room to the other.

010

Even though he still only has TWO little teeth, M’s most favorite thing to do is eat. He loves his grub. Especially when he gets bites off our plates. He can eat a LOT of food too. I am always amazed how much food he can fit in that little tummy. His latest favorites are still nanas, applesauce, mashed ‘tatoes, and corn. We are sometimes surprised at the variety of foods that M enjoys. M got his first taste of orange and I was amazed that he seemed to like it so much. We also let M try a tiny taste of lemon and he loved it. There don’t seem to be many things that Cutie Pie DOESN”T like to eat.

026

M says “dada” when he is happy or concentrating very hard on something. He says, “mama” mostly when he is distressed. He still says “baba,” but not as frequently as he used to. His new favorite word is “lodle.” We call it his “yodeling.” He loves to sing “lodle lodle lodle” all the day long and it is my favorite sound in the whole wide world. I LOVE that he does this and hope that he yodels all the days of his life.  He still loves to scream his biggest, happiest screams.  Especially during church.  Make a joyful noise.  

M is currently VERY attached to mama.  He doesn’t like being handed off to anyone.  He usually does okay if we can distract him while I sneak away.  But he does NOT like leaving my arms.  I love that he’s my sidekick.   

M is still a little jumping bean and still loves his johnny jumper as well as jumping up and down in our laps. One of his favorite things is when we have dance parties in the living room. M LOVES when we hold him and dance all about the room. We probably have at least a dance party a day. He is such a charming dance partner that one.

big boy

M does not like being messed with.  He hates getting his diaper changed, nose wiped, or having his arms put through the sleeves.  Anything that restrains him for a certain amount of time is an annoyance to him.  He’s a busy man!  No time for nonsense such as clean diapers or fresh clothes! 

He loves reading stories and I love the times he will sit still and close for a little while. Holding him close is the best part of my day. Some of my favorite times are when he falls asleep in my arms. This doesn’t happen very often anymore, so when it does I try to savor every second. Just last night he was so tired he fell asleep while I was singing his lullaby’s and he RARELY does that anymore. It was heaven to hold my sleeping baby for a while before finally putting him in his crib.

038
028

He’s such a smiley little man and is eager to make friends.  Love that kid. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my I do think he and Ty would get along so well! What a cutie, I love his big blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son is amazingly beautiful! Seriously, those red jeans are killing me. What a sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect cute little boy he is!! I love your photos and updates! He is seriously so cute I can't even stand it!!

    ReplyDelete