Monday, February 4, 2013

It’s About Love: Pink Shoes

I have thought for a long time now how fun it would be to share a few of my favorite adoption blogs/posts.  I love hearing other people’s stories and one of my most favorite things to do when I have a few minutes of spare time is to catch up on adoption blogs.  I actually thought it would be fun to share my list way back during national adoption month, but lacked the time to do it then.  However, I decided I can’t wait for November to roll back around.     

Therefore, what better month to share some amazing adoption stories than February?  The month of love!  (I guess I should mention that this is just something I’m doing.  I don’t have any kind of agreement with any of these bloggers.  It’s just a list of things I like to read from people I admire.  That’s all).   

So first up: Pink Shoes!

pinkshoeheader

I LOVE this blog.  I really enjoy the things Maggie has to say, and often find myself nodding in agreement as I read her words.  She’s bold and funny and expresses herself so poignantly.  I get excited every time I see she has posted something new.       

If you read one post from her blog, let it be this one:

Choosing Adoption. A birth family's story.

Wow.  So touching.  I love hearing different perspectives from the exact same story.  It is particularly special to hear an adoption story from the birthgrandma’s view.  It’s a perspective that isn’t often represented in the blog world, and one that I wish was shared more often.

A few other favorite posts:

The Wall

Public Enemy #1

I agree with everything Maggie wrote in the second post in particular.  She kind of said everything I could ever want to say, only much better than I could have ever said it.  Anyway, enough of my gushing.  Hop on over to her blog and read for yourself!

3 comments: