Friday, July 5, 2013

M at Fifteen Months

008
002
M has recently become very attached to his stuffed Curious George. In fact, attached may not be strong enough a word. Obsessed might be a better way to describe it. He literally carries him with him everywhere and wants to bring him on errands. He has to have his Curious George, Lambie, and giraffe rattle to sleep at night. When we say “give the monkey loves,” he will hug and kiss him and hold him close. It’s so cute because M developed this attachment all oh his own. And I often find his Curious George in odd places like the bathtub or kitchen cupboard. A006
014
001
001Speaking of, M’s current favorite pastime is pulling all the pots and pans out of the cupboard and banging on them with a spoon. He loves getting into all sorts of things he knows he shouldn’t get into. Like the fridge, dog dishes, photo albums, and potties.

M’s other favorite toys include his toy hammer (which he bangs on everything in sight from morning ‘til night), his Mickey car, his story books, and his ball.

M is very expressive and has us constantly laughing at all of his silly faces. Our favorite is what we call the “Oh” face (it looks like he’s saying “oh”). That’s the face he usually makes when he gets in trouble (see photo below). He also makes a stink face that always makes us laugh.
004005
M is getting better and better at walking. It is our favorite thing in the world to see him stoutly marching towards us with the biggest grin in the world on his face. His little waddle is so cute, I can’t stand it! M is proud as pie to be walking like a big boy. It makes me so happy. He also likes pushing his Mickey car around as fast as he can go. He does everything as fast as he can go. 

Even though he’s such a busy body, M is still very affectionate and will sometimes pause during playtime to give us an unprompted kiss or hug. Though cuddling is becoming more scarce, M still likes to be rocked and sang to before bedtime or naps for as long as I will sing to him. This is my favorite part of the day, the one time M will lay his head on my shoulder and just let me hold him for as long as I’d like.

One of my favorite things that M has been doing lately has been answering every question I ask him with a resounding “Yeah!” or “Yep!” I love that when I ask him if he’s hungry or if he wants to go get daddy he enthusiastically replies, “Yep!” My favorite is when we’re driving in the car and I ask him, “Bug, are you awake?” and he answers “Yeah.” It’s exciting to me that he is learning how to answer questions.

We have been trying to introduce M to lots of new foods. M is almost always more willing to eat new vegetables than fruit. He loves spinach, beets, and peas, but so far doesn’t seem to care for watermelon or grapes. I find this surprising, but think that he might like those foods someday as he continues to try them. When M is eating something he particularly enjoys he will say “MMMMMMMMMMM,” very loudly over and over. It’s pretty cute.   

As M get’s more mobile, he gets increasingly hard to contain. This is, of course, to be expected but church has just been HARD lately. Hopefully when he can go to nursery in a few months it won’t be so bad, but for the time being church has been one of the most difficult parts of the week.

M is very attached to the pictures in his room of his Natty. He points them out to me every single day. It is the most precious thing ever. We have been trying to teach him to say, “Natty,” but so far he calls her, “Daddy,” I guess because Natty is still just a little hard to say. He’ll get there though :). 011

3 comments:

  1. he is the sweetest boy! I can't believe how big he is! I was dying laughing at that curious George being in those cabinets. lol

    I love your frame of you and his birth mother. I need to do that! what a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "monkey loves" pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot get over the first picture! M is so handsome!!!

    ReplyDelete