(Us at M’s finalization over a year ago)
Last weekend we got to go to the courthouse to celebrate adoption day! We weren’t expecting to have room in our schedules for the event, but ended up having an opening in our day. Spencer was actually asked to be a guest speaker last minute since the previously arranged speaker was sick and wasn’t able to attend.
Though it wasn’t part of our original plan for the day, I am SO glad we were able to be at the celebration. Hearing Spencer share our adoption story with those in attendance was a very special experience. Though of course I know it as well as he does, I never tire of hearing his version of events. He doesn’t write about adoption as often as I do, but he is just as passionate about the subject as I am. We seriously jump at the chance to share our enthusiasm for adoption.
It was neat to be at the courthouse where we finalized M’s adoption. It brought back so many memories. Looking at that picture of my chubby baby, I can hardly believe the energetic toddler he has become.
And boy was he energetic at the celebration. M was given a balloon, and was absolutely delighted. He danced all about the room (and kept crashing into people because he was looking heavenward at his balloon). It was rather funny to see a blue balloon bobbing about in a sea of people, but not be able to see who it was attached to. M was so excited by his balloon and the cake, that he didn’t want to sit still for daddy’s part of the presentation. I was only able to contain him by showing him pictures of himself on the kindle. He was just too wound up to sit still.
We were also excited to see that our family was mentioned in the newspaper the next day in relation to the adoption celebration. It’s kind of funny that we were so excited about this since Spencer is on the news every day. News is news after all. But, it was kinda fun to see our names in print.
No comments:
Post a Comment