I thought I would post some pictures of Kellen’s little nursery! The boys rooms are my favorite rooms of the house and where we spend a good chunk of the day. We have some of Mason’s toys in Kellen’s room to keep him busy (and out of trouble) when I’m changing or feeding Kellen. Admittedly, the floor is usually strewn with books, toys, and clothes (especially socks since Mason is obsessed with them and goes through about a dozen pairs a day). But this is what the nursery looks like when it’s all tidied up.
Above is the quilt I made for Kellen. We were also VERY excited about that extremely large elephant. We found him at Costco and Mason steals him every chance he gets and wrestles him to the floor. The little elephant is one of Kellen’s special toys. Serena has a matching one that we gave to her on placement day. We take his picture with it every month to show how much he’s grown!
(1 week)
(1 month, already chunking up!)
The other beautiful quilt you see there was made by Mason’s birth grandma. Pretty much all of the furniture is from my parents and was used by Mason when he was a baby. And that cute little outfit hanging up in the corner there? That’s from my Mom. She knit those little long johns using a pattern she made up herself! …Or maybe she bought it at Target. It is my favorite outfit that Kellen owns and he wore it for family pictures. Long johns on babies are adorable, for pete’s sakes.
Here are a few detail shots of the room:
Those frames are one of my favorite parts of the room. I don’t know why, but I do love a cluster of blank frames.
I made all of the artwork hanging on the wall. I was going to post the digital copies, alas, they were saved to the computer that died. I still want to put up a few more photos, but here’s what is on the wall currently:
The cute little elephant at the bottom is from Serena. She picked it out for Kellen because she used to have one just like it. Josh picked out some of the books sitting on Kellen’s shelf. He loved Dr. Suess when he was little and so he picked out a few of his favorites for Kellen. It makes me really happy that when I look around Kellen’s room I see pieces of the many people who love him.
I think that about concludes our tour of Kellen’s little abode. Maybe I’ll have to post pictures of Mason’s big boy room next.
I love this room! It is like a breath of fresh air! It is so light and cheery! :)
ReplyDeleteI love this room and how it has so many things that are special and just "decor" :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun elephant theme. Did you plan on the elephant theme because of Serena's gift or it just happens to coincide?
ReplyDeleteI'm so thrilled that my quilted blanket (which you will receive when you come to Utah) will fit in with your color scheme! I picked out the fabric a long time ago! Love this room, and love that sweet baby who lives there!
ReplyDelete