Kellen learned all kinds of tricks this past month! Our favorite is smiling:
We all love to earn those smiles, and even Mason will occasionally sit next to Kellen to try to coax a grin from his brother. If he is able to get Kellen to smile, Mason will exclaim, “Kellen Coot (cute)! Kellen Coot!” I love those moments.
(Mason took it upon himself to share the doughnuts with Brother. Kellen was delighted.)
Kellen is incredibly strong for such a little guy. He particularly loves to demonstrate his strength by busting out of his swaddles like the hulk. It is amazing. No matter how well we tuck those little arms in, he finds a way to sneak them out.
It’s not that he dislikes his swaddles. He loves being wrapped up all cozy. See:
Happy as can be. I wrap him up and then he snuggles into my shoulder all ready to be rocked. He really does drift off to sleep better when he’s all swaddled up.
But then when I go to get him when he wakes up, this is what I find:
(Please notice K’s spiffy collection of pacy’s. I usually stick a handful in there before bedtime, all the easier to find in the dead of night to tide him over while I make a bottle.)
He simply cannot be contained. Little Houdini.
He is just so CUTE as a little baby burrito. I also especially love his man gowns. Oh so convenient for middle of the night diaper changes. I don’t generally adore nightgowns on men, but this particular gentleman can certainly pull it off.
“Oh this ole’ thang?”
Kellen is the most patient, happy baby. He truly is. I am continually amazed at what an even-tempered little guy he is. He is a good sleeper, good eater, just overall easy-going baby. He amazes me every day with how mellow he is.
Kellen is also a BIG baby. He’s 95th percentile for length, 65th for weight which really surprised us considering how tiny Serena is (barely five feet tall!). Kellen is already wearing clothing that Mason didn’t fit into until he was four to six months old. Crazy! He’s just a big, healthy boy who keeps growing out of clothes faster than we can rotate them out of his dresser. I keep telling him to stop it, but he just keeps right on growing.
Kellen is also still amazingly bald. I would say his baldness is one of his most defining features. I love his little peach head ever so much. So very soft and kissable.
Poor baby had a terrible six week rash. We were using all kinds of sensitive products, but our doctor said it would just have to go away on its own and eventually it faded as quickly as it came. It’s completely gone now and he’s got perfectly smooth baby cheeks again.
Goodness, how I love our Kellen Kiddo.
No comments:
Post a Comment