Sunday, April 27, 2014

Mason’s Second Birthday Party

2
We had so much fun celebrating Mason’s second birthday! We had to keep pushing his party back because we wanted to wait and celebrate with Gamma and Gampa, but finally we were able to make it happen and it was a really fun day.

We put up some simple decorations while Mason was napping, so he could wake up to his Cars party. Mom and Dad had even wrapped his presents in Cars wrapping paper. Mason discovered his presents in their suitcase the day they arrived and he was VERY intent on trying to sneak them out when he thought we weren’t looking.
DSC00113DSC00110
I had printed off some little traffic signs to decorate with and I had a bit too much fun placing them creatively.
DSC00112DSC00108DSC00128
Of course we had some ‘licious “hot rods” and other delights.
DSC00136DSC00139DSC00137DSC00141DSC00142DSC00138
Mason loved opening his presents. He is at this fun stage where he knows just what to do and gets so excited that it’s HIS “Happy Dappy.” DSC00126DSC00134DSC00132
He was especially excited to use his new tools to help Daddy and Gampa put together his slide. He LOVES his little playground and can literally spend hours outside running, playing, sliding, and “shooting hoops” a.k.a. dropping every ball he owns through the basket. I don’t know many kids that love outside as much as he does. I think he would sleep outside if we would let him.
DSC00182DSC00191
It is so amazing to me how Mason naturally gravitates to footballs and hammers, trucks and trains. Growing up in a house of all girls, I didn’t realize gender differences as much as I do now that I live in a house of all boys. I sure do love my rowdy boys so much.

Thanks so much, Gamma and Gampa, for coming to celebrate with us!

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute party for such a cute two year old! I love all the little details you put into the party. So fun! Happy 2nd birthday, Mason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So obviously I'm late in catching up in reading your posts. What fun! I love the party theme as well as the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I don't know if the other commented will post or if I deleted it...) I just want to say the road sign decorations are so cute! What a fun way to play with words! What a fun theme for a cute little kid! I love it.

    ReplyDelete