Tomorrow is my first Mother’s Day as a mother. I have spent so much time thinking about how grateful I am for our little boy.
I have also been thinking about how grateful I am for the many amazing women who have touched my life.
First and foremost, my own mother. My dearest friend. My great support. The person that has shown me more than any other what it means to mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that stand in need of comfort. She has cried with me and cheered for me and celebrated with me and believed in me. I aspire to be just like her when I grow up.
And my sweet mother-in-law, who in addition to loving and accepting me as one of her own children, raised an amazing son who turned out to be one terrific husband and daddy.
Of course I am grateful for our Natalie. The angel girl that made me a mommy. The person whose selflessness and example has forever changed my life. I adore her. Not only for the blessing she is to our family, but for the sweet person she is.
I am grateful for the many other wonderful women, with and without children, who have reached out to me with a mothers heart.
I wish each of you a happy day and hope that you know how much you are loved and how deeply your influence is felt. On a day created to honor those amazing women who have most influenced our lives, I hope we can make each special daughter of God feel included and loved.
Here is one of my favorite talks on motherhood, “Are We Not All Mothers.”
And here is a an awesome article written by a birthmother on the meaning of Mother’s Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment