Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fabulous Fourth

usa baby

Our family had a pretty dang fun Fourth of July, if I do say so myself (albeit a low key one)!  Baby was very excited to don his patriotic apparel and head out for an afternoon on the town. 

First up, the chalk festival! 

There were some really awesome drawings.  We each got tokens to vote for our favorites.  Below are some of my selections. 

002
I love how you can see the drawing she is working from in the above photo.  Pretty cool huh?  I wish I could have seen the finished product. 

004

003

005

After looking at everyone else’s artwork, we grabbed some chalk and created our own:

017c
(YES WE DO, YES WE DO!)


019016

I actually started drawing this really great masterpiece of two penguins holding hands.  It would have been epic.  Sadly, I didn’t get to finish it.  Someone (who shall remain nameless) was asking for a bottle.  So we went and enjoyed a bottle in the shade while Daddy worked on his drawing. 

Then we headed home after making a quick pit stop for Icee’s.  We have been in great need of shaved ice!  Sadly, our favorite shack didn’t open this summer!  So we got Icee’s and pretended our hardest that it was shaved ice.

Then, we BBQ’d.  Spencer grilled the most amazing meal of steak, veggies, and corn on the cob.  Annnnd we had fresh pineapple.  We have been eating those like they are going out of style. 

That man of mine does love to cook outdoors.  Cutie.  I love these pictures of him and his wee little grill.  It was his father’s day present.  He shines it every night.   

022024 

And for the grand finale, we FEASTED! 

028029

I am drooling all over the keyboard just remembering it.  YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!  We didn’t watch fireworks or anything.  I like fireworks and all, but I am not the biggest fan of sitting in traffic for three hours after the show ends.

And this little stinker-doodle-dandy was all tuckered out after a busy day. 

007

So we cuddled up, read some stories, and called it a night.

3 comments:

  1. Stinker doodle dandy--haha. Love it. He is so cute! It looks like you had a great day together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh -- shave ice -- I haven't had that since I was back in the U-T. Apparently the G-A (that's Georgia, not General Authority sillies) doesn't believe in shave ice. :(

    I love that Mr. M always has such a quizzical look on his face, like he's trying to figure out life. When he gets the answer to that one, will you have him share it with the rest of us? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is SO cute!!

    www.wewouldlovetoadopt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete