When I go grocery shopping, I usually take my boys with me. Grocery shopping is just one of those things in life that I don’t really love to do, so it’s nice to have the company. And we have a couple of games that we play to make our shopping trips more bearable.
We play this game where we guess the price of all our groceries as they are being rung up at the register. The person who guesses closest without going over wins. I always win this game. Always. Spencer, who is reading over my shoulder as I type this says: “That is NOT true, I am usually way closer to the total than you are!!! HMMMF! SNORT!” Don’t believe his lies. I am the Grocery Price Guessing Champion. And he knows it.
We also like to play the “guess the gender of the cashier game” when we shop at Wal Mart.
Plus, we have developed a system that makes our shopping experience run much more smoothly. We each have a certain job to do, and with our three powers combined we can get in and out of the grocery store in record time.
Spencer’s job is to man the cart and point out those XXXLarge shirts with wolves howling at the moon on them (with or without people inside said shirts). Mr. M’s job is to sleep fatly in his car seat and use his cuteness to draw lots of attention. My job is to hold the list and check off each item that makes it into the cart.
But as it turns out, I’m not very good at my job because I am always setting the list down somewhere in the store. This happened on our last shopping trip. I was bagging green peppers when I realized with alarm that the list was nowhere to be found. Spencer found it as I was retracing my steps. There it was, right where I left it. Nestled safely among the nectarines.
So we started giving the list to Mason to keep track of. He never loses it.
And now I’m out of a job.
Hilarious. This post makes me so happy! The list in the nectarines--love it! I hope you bought that fancy wolf tee shirt for Spencer. And for that matter, does it come in Mason's size too? I'm thinking a family picture is in order;)
ReplyDeleteYou guys are so cute I love it. You will have a job again once your little man refuses to be in his carseat while shopping. Then it gets really busy and fun! As a side note my grandma-in-law bought my husband and I shirts like that for Christmas. We still have them and they are awesome.
ReplyDeleteBefore you take that family pic LJ suggested, I think you should also buy a fancy wolf blanket from one of those road-side stands -- festive family fun!!
ReplyDeleteNot sure if this went through . . . apologies for any doubling!
ReplyDeleteBefore you take that family pic LJ suggested, I think you should also buy one of those fancy wolf blankets from the road-side/parking lot stands that seem to be everywhere out West. That will make for some real festive family fun! :)
Um...I just had to say that you guys CRACK ME UP! I love it. I never take John shopping with me, well, not if I can help it anyway. He always whines, and asks for things, and sneaks things into the cart. I'm glad that Spencer helps with the cart and the T-shirts. Who doesn't need a wolf t-shirt, BTW?
ReplyDelete