I’m home from surgery. All in all everything went pretty smoothly (aside from the hospital staff losing my file while I was in recovery and refusing to give me more meds until they could find it to see how much I had had already). So far recovery hasn’t been too bad either. I have been sleeping a LOT and am so glad that my mom is here to take care of the little dude. But it is killing me not to be able to hold him. I miss cuddling with my little man!
I was next to a total WEIRDO in pre-op. I could hear him in the next partition over from mine hassling the nurses and just being an annoyance. He kept refusing to sign his paperwork and questioned every single thing his nurse did. He was such a strange cookie that I asked Spence to write down some of the funny things he was saying to share with Mom when we got home. And no, he had not been given any medication yet. Here are a few of my faves:
“You want to know how long I was in jail?”
“To quote that Sound of Music that’s a capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for pool.” (Um, that would be the Music Man buddy).
“I’m LEAKING!”
“But I want to wear my own underwear to the surgery!”
“My ex-wife is driving me home today. We haven’t hugged in eight years, but we get together all the time to do criss-crosswords.”
Nurse: “Are you allergic to any medications?”
Strange Cookie: “Trout”
Strange Cookie: “Are you married?”
Nurse: “Yes.”
Strange Cookie: “Happily?” (Yes he really said that!)
Nurse: “Yes.”
Strange Cookie: “Are you sure?”
Nurse: “Yes.”
It was nice to have some entertainment to distract me. I was a little nervous.
In any case, I’m glad to be home now feasting on Jell-O and sipping on Gatorade. This is the life.
First of all, I'm glad you're home and recovering well! Keep up the resting! :) Second of all, WOW! What a crazy way to be entertained before surgery! I'm glad you had someone there to distract you! He sounds like quite the funny man!
ReplyDeleteGlad your recovering well!:) That man sounds like a crazy but at least you got a good laugh! he he
ReplyDeletegirl, what were you in for?!
ReplyDeleteglad you are doing okay though. i know the feeling all too well. especially not being able to snuggle your little guy.
I'm so glad you're recovering well and that you've had such good help! What did you have surgery for?
ReplyDeleteNurse: “Are you allergic to any medications?”
ReplyDeleteStrange Cookie: “Trout”
Haha, that's my favorite of the quotes! I'm so glad your surgery went well, and that your mom is there to help you out. Hope you have a quick recovery!
Been thinking of you lots! I am glad all went well and that you are recovering well. You have been in my prayers! Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks:)
ReplyDeletePS: That guy sounds hilarious. Glad he was there for your pre-surgery entertainment:)
Oh my goodness, how clever to write all those down because those are some hilarious lines!
ReplyDeleteWhitney, I just wanted to say thank you for your comment on my blog. It meant the world to me. I am so happy that you now have SUCH a darling little boy! I'm just now starting to realize how fun they can be to shop for - just as much fun as girls! I am so excited for my little boy to get here. I am so grateful that your family is coming together. Mason is so precious!
he he he.....silly man.
ReplyDeleteWishing you as speedy recovery!
Oh, wow! That is some serious pre-surgery entertainment. The next time someone asks me if I'm allergic to any medications, I'm going to say TROUT!
ReplyDeleteHope you're recovering nicely and that your dudes and dude-ette (i.e. the pupster) are making you smile. :)
Oh no, I hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeletewhy did you have surgery? glad you are recovering well.
ReplyDeleteand oh my gosh the psycho crazy man! lol! i shared his comments with my husband. :)
www.wewouldlovetoadopt.blogspot.com