Sunday, December 9, 2012

Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk

002

A few days ago, we had a disaster in the kitchen.  I was hurrying to make M a bottle.  He was not a happy camper at that moment.  He was most especially not happy that I had the audacity to set him down to make the baba.   So I was really rushing to get that bottle made as soon as possible.  In my rush, I set the bottle too close to the edge of the counter, without the lid on. 

You can see what happened.  Well, kind of.  What is NOT pictured is M covered head to toe in formula.  BUUUT… you can see exactly where he was sitting.  There is a dry spot in the exact shape of his chubby thighs. 

here

I scooped M up, feeling really terrible for getting him all wet and sticky.  We looked at each other in shock and then both started giggling.  Until M remembered that he was soaked to the diaper, and he burst into tears again. 

Nothing a little bubble bath couldn’t fix. 

030031

All smiles again in no time. 

But even though I’ve mopped about four times since then, our floor’s still a wee bit sticky. 

2 comments:

  1. There's not much worse or harder to clean than spilled milk. Vestiges of it seem to linger for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the outline of his little self on the floor. So adorable.

    ReplyDelete